What are the system requirements for the voice recorder?
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This model of Digital Voice Recorder can be used on a Windows® computer or Apple® Macintosh® computer that meets the following system requirements:
- Operation is not guaranteed if any operating system other than those described in the chart below is used.
- Check if the 64-bit operating system is compatible with the voice recorder.
USB port (high-speed compatible)
|Sound board (sound card compatible with any of the supported operating systems)|
Windows® 7 Starter
Windows® 7 Home Basic
Windows® 7 Home Premium
Windows® 7 Ultimate
Windows® 7 Professional
Windows® Vista Ultimate
Windows Vista® Business
Windows Vista® Home Premium
Windows Vista® Home Basic
Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 Service Pack 2 or higher
Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004 Service Pack 2 or higher
Windows® XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 or higher
Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 2 or higher
Windows® XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 or higher
Windows® 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or higher
Mac® OS X (versions 10.2.8 - 10.7)
- The following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems.
- Upgraded operating systems.
- Multi-boot environment.
- Multi-monitor environment.
- Visit the our Support page for the latest version information and compatibility with your operating system for the digital voice recorder.