If you are having difficulty transcribing recordings using the Nuance® Dragon NaturallySpeaking® version 10 software, there may be a problem with a file format being incorrect or there may be a problem with the user setup that was created for use with the Dragon software. To try to resolve this issue, follow these steps:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
- All files must first be transferred to your computer before attempting to convert or transcribe any sound recording. To transfer files to your computer, do the following:
- Open the Digital Voice Editor (DVE) software.
- Select the file you want to transcribe.
- Click on the PC button found on the top bar.
- From the PC button, click on the desired file format.
NOTE: The factory-set default selection is the .wav format.
- Once the file format box opens, click on the convert button found at the bottom of the window and the file will start converting.
Once the file has been converted, if you change the location from the default setting, make note of where you save the file. Otherwise, the files are automatically saved in the ICD folder under My Documents.
- Next, the user must be trained with the Dragon software before proceeding with the transcribing steps.
- To transcribe files, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the DVE software is not opened.
- Open the DNS software.
- Once the DragonBar window opens, from the DragonBar menu, click the Sound button.
- From the SOUND button, select the Transcribe Recording menu item.
- Click on the Browse button (large square button to the left) under the audio option to start the DVE software.
- Once the Digital Voice Editor window opens, select the location of the file that you want to transcribe.
- Click on the .wav file you want to transcribe from the PC window found on the right side.
- Select the Voice Recognition menu item.
NOTE: The Converting... dialog box and the Transcription Options dialog box both open.
- Click on the Transcribe button found at the bottom of the screen to start transcribing.
NOTE: Once the transcription is complete, it may be necessary to make grammar, word, punctuation, and formatting adjustments.