IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis dedicated software enables the playback of compressed IC Recorder voice files (.DVF and .MSV) with the Windows Media® Player application, version 6.4 or higher. It also provides the following benefits:
- Resolves an issue where the counter stops before the end of the playback when playing a message longer than one hour.
- Resolves several miss operations of the software.
- Offers more stable functionality.
- Supports playback of LP-mode messages recorded with the ICD-Px8 series recorders.
- Resolves a low volume playback issue that may occur with the ICD-P series recorders.
- Provides Windows Media Player Version 9 support.
- Supports Stereo (ST mode) playback on files recorded with the ICD-ST series recorders.
- Windows® 2000
- Windows® 98/98SE
- Windows® Me
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 1.11 MB
Before You Start
- Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer.
Minimum System Requirements:
- IBM PC/AT or compatible computer (Not for use with Macintosh® systems)
- One of the following Microsoft® Windows® operating systems:
- Windows XP MCE
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows Me
- Windows 98 SE (Second Edition)
- CPU: 266MHz Pentium® II processor or higher
- RAM: 64MB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 5MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- Sound Board: Sound Blaster 16 Compatible
- Display: High color (16-bit) or higher and 800x480 resolution or higher
- Windows Media® Player Version 6.4 or higher installed*.
(*The computer must also meet the requirements for the Windows Media Player application.)
- For Windows 2000 and Windows XP operating systems: During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Close all open programs that are running to prevent possible interference with the installation of this update. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the PLAYERPLUGINSETUP129.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PLAYERPLUGINSETUP129.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Welcome" window, click "Next".
- At the "Readme File" window, please read the license agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Choose Destination Location" window, click "Next" to install the software in the default directory, (C:\Program Files\Sony\PlayerPluginForWMP\).
NOTE: To install the software in a different location, click the Browse button. Navigate to the desired directory and then click "OK". Click "Next" to continue.
- At the "Select Program Manager Group" window, click "Next".
- At the "Start Installation" window, click "Next".
- At the "Readme - Notepad" window, either read the document or print it for later review. Click the X at the top-right to close the window.
- At the "Installation Complete" window, click "Finish".
- At the "Install" box, click "OK" to restart the computer.
Questions & Answers
To use the Player Plug-in Version 1.29 for Windows Media® Player, double-click the desired .DVF or .MSV file. Windows Media Player will launch and begin playback. The .DVF and .MSV files can also be opened from within the Windows Media® Player application.
NOTE: For further information, check out the Readme file that was installed on the computer along with the update. To access the file, click "Start", point to "Programs", point to "Sony Player Plug-in for WMP" and click "Readme".