This information is for the following models equipped with Infineon's TPM.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Reduces the security vulnerability of computers equipped with Infineon TPMs (Trusted Platform Modules)
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the computer from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the computer to become unresponsive or to require repair.
The latest version of this update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
- 7,116,768 byte
Before You Start
Check the firmware version
Follow these steps to check the currently installed firmware version of the TPM:
- Hold down the [Windows] key and press the [R] key. The "Run" dialog box will open up.
- In the "Run" dialog box, enter "tpm.msc" and select "OK".
- Check if the Manufacturer Name is "IFX" and Manufacturer Version is "4.31" or "4.32".
- Only the models with the versions above will be the target of this update.
- When you update, the TPM must be enabled. If you are not using the TPM now, update it when you use it.
- When you update, you must have administrator privileges.
- Back up your data.
- When you update the TPM firmware, the data in the TPM is lost.
- If you are using any application with the TPM, follow the instructions for the application.
- If you are using a Virtual Smart Card with the TPM, the information of the Virtual Smart Card is lost.
Before you upgrade
- Exit all other applications.
- Connect AC adapter.
- Suspend or turn off BitLocker.
How to suspend or turn off BitLocker
Select "Suspend protection" or "Turn off BitLocker" under Manage BitLocker. Follow these steps to show the BitLocker management screen.
- Settings -> Enter "Manage BitLocker" in Search.
- File Explorer -> This PC -> Right-click on Local Disk (C:) and select Manage BitLocker.
When you restart the computer, the protection is resumed. If the computer restarts before the update tool is executed, suspend BitLocker again.
How to clear the TPM
- Hold down the [Windows] key and press the [R] key to open the "Run" dialog box.
- In the "Run" dialog box, type "tpm.msc" and select "OK".
- Select "Clear TPM".
- The computer will restart and display the message "TPM configuration change was required to State: Clear".
- Select "Execute".
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Download the "EP0000605011.exe" file and save it in a folder on your computer.
- Execute the "EP0000605011.exe" file and select the target folder to extract.
- Confirm the AC adapter is connected and BitLocker is suspended or turned off.
- Execute "IFXTPMUpdate_TPM12_r0103.exe", which is included in extracted folder.
- If the "User Account Control" dialog appears, select "Yes".
- Click "Accept the terms of this license agreement", and select "Next".
- When all conditions are satisfied, select "Next".
- Select "Next".
Note: Error pattern
- A) The TPM is not the target of the update.
There is no need to update.
- B) AC adapter is not connected.
Connect AC adapter and select "Refresh"
- C) BitLocker is still enabled.
Suspend or turn off the BitLocker and select "Refresh".
- D) The TPM is already updated.
There is no need to update.
- E) The owner password must be entered.
If you know the owner password, enter the password.
If you have the file for the owner password, specify the password file.
If neither is available, you need to clear the TPM. To exit the tool, select "Cancel".
Clearing the TPM (see "How to clear the TPM").
Resume from Step 3.
IMPORTANT: Do not suspend hibernation, restart or shut down the computer.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, check if the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section. If the version shown is "4.34", the upgrade was successful.