This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Adds the following functions for the RX-0M2 camera:
- Clear Image Zoom
NOTE: The zoom function is not supported with the DSC-RX0 camera
- One Push AF
- Clear Image Zoom
- Improves the following basic functions:
- Faster transfer of files from the Camera Control Box to a computer
- Allows import of all new files (only newest files) from all cameras
- Allows import of all files from all cameras
- No limit on file size to be transferred from Camera Control Box to a computer (4G was the limit before)
NOTE: It is possible to transfer movie files up to 40GB
- Allows naming files with shooting time to distinguish simultaneously-shot content
- Improves overall operation stability
NOTE: This updated camera control box can be used with DSC-RX0, version 3.00 or later. Refer to the Help Guide for updated function usage.
- CCB-WD1 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver. 2.00
- Windows: 42.3 MB (44,424,632 bytes) / Mac: 44.4 MB (44,424,632 bytes)
Before You Start
Check the system software version
Follow the instructions below to check the system software version. If the system software version is Ver. 2.00, the update is not required.
- Connect the USB cable from the computer to camera control box (CCB-WD1).
- Start a Web browser on the computer and enter the address http://169.254.200.200
- The current version of the camera control box connected to the Web browser is displayed.
NOTE: Check to see if the update is necessary.
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following OS versions:
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 7 SP1
- Apple® macOS 10.12 - 10.15, 11, 12
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following hardware:
- Hard disk space: 500 MB or more (Windows) / 600MB or more (Mac)
- RAM: 512 MB or more
NOTE: Please close all other application software before updating the system software.
- USB cable supplied with the camera control box
NOTE: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- AC Adapter (AC-UUD12) supplied with the camera control box
- LAN cable
NOTE: It is recommended that you use LAN cables rated as category 5e or higher.
- Switching hub
NOTE: To update multiple camera control boxes at once, it is recommended that you use 1000BASE-T switching hubs.
Download & Install
- Use the AC Adapter (AC-UUD12)
- Prevent your computer from entering Sleep mode
- Do not connect the camera control boxes to other any other devices except your computer
How to download the Updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- After reading the disclaimer, click Download.
- The file [Update_CCBWD1V0200.zip] file will start downloading.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
NOTE: For Windows 8.1/10 users, with the standard settings of Internet Explorer, the update file will be saved in your Downloads folder. Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and find the downloaded file in the Downloads folder by using Explorer.
Step 1: Start the Updater
- Close all programs currently running on your computer.
- Connect your computer and camera control box with a LAN cable.
- Update some (*) camera control box
NOTE: Up to 100 units can be supported
- Update one camera control box
- Update some (*) camera control box
- Set the camera control box power switch to "ON".
NOTE: Even if camera is not connected, update is possible.
- Start a Web browser on the computer and enter the address http://169.254.200.200.
- Click the [Box] tab in the displayed Web browser.
- Click the [Update] button next to Firmware Update.
- When the confirmation message dialog is displayed, click the [OK] button on the dialog.
NOTE: To cancel the update, please click the [Cancel] button on the dialog.
- Select the firmware downloaded in advance from the file reference dialog.
NOTE: To cancel user update, please click [Cancel] button.
- Transfer the update file to the camera control box. A message is displayed during file transfer and the firmware is transferred to the camera control box.
NOTES: When multiple camera control boxes are connected, they will be transferred one by one.
- To cancel update, please click [Cancel] button on the dialog.
- If you cancel the update, you will return to the "Click the update" procedure.
- Do not pull the LAN cables out or turn off the camera control box while it is running. It may cause a failure of this product.
- An abort operation cannot be performed when the transfer is completed and the update is started.
- Perform update.
A message is displayed stating that the device is being updated, and the update will start.
NOTE: The update will be implemented at the same time when multiple camera control boxes are connected.
- Complete the update and confirm the restart of the camera control box. When the update completion message dialog is displayed, click the [OK] button.
- Restart the camera control box. A message will be displayed and the camera control box will be restarted.
Step 2: Confirm the system software version of your device is Ver.2.00.
When the camera control box starts up, a new version is displayed in the Web browser, and the update is completed.
Questions & Answers
When "Error" dialog is displayed while selecting fileIf the following dialog is displayed when selecting a file, the correct firmware file may not be selected.
Click the [OK] button in the dialog. It returns to the "Click the update" procedure screen.Select the correct firmware file and update again.
When "Update Warning" is displayed at the time of updateIf you see the following display after update execution, the camera control box has already been updated, or the firmware you tried to update may be older.
It may happen if versions are mixed, such as when updating some camera control boxes in advance. The camera control box with the above is not updated in this update. If you need to update, check the firmware version again.
When “Update failed" is displayed at power on (including reboot)If you see the following display when the camera control box is powered on (including reboot), the updating may have failed, such as when the camera control box was powered off during the update.
The camera control box displayed above has not been updated properly. Return to the "Click the update" procedure screen and update again.