IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThe Sony® ICS Converter is used to convert the ICD-R100 recorder sound files (.ics) into applicable formats.
- Windows® 2000
- Windows® 98/98SE
- Windows® Me
- Windows® XP
- 1.48 MB
Before You Start
- The ICS file format (.ics) is created by ICD-PCLINK, Memory Stick® Voice Editor Ver.1.x or Digital Voice Editor Ver.1.x software and can be converted into the following file formats:
- MSV (*.MSV) LPEC files for ICD-MS515
- MSV (*.MSV) ADPCM files for ICD-MS1
- DVF (*.DVF) files: For ICD-BP100/BP120
- DVF (*.DVF) files: For ICD-x50
- 16 or 8kHz 8bit WAV (*.WAV) files
- 16 or 8kHz 16bit WAV (*.WAV) files
- 11 or 8kHz 8bit WAV (*.WAV) files
- 11 or 8kHz 16bit WAV (*.WAV) files
- 44.1kHz 16bit Stereo WAV (*.WAV) files
- Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- IBM PC/AT or compatible computer (Not for use with Macintosh® systems)
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP
- CPU: 266MHz Pentium® II processor or higher
- RAM: 64MB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 20MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- Sound Board: Sound Blaster 16 Compatible
- Display: High color (16-bit) or higher and 640x480 resolution or higher
- IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation.
- Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation, registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.
- Apple and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc., registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.
- Pentium is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
- All other trademarks and registered trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- For Windows 2000 and Windows XP operating systems: During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the ICSCONVERT.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the
ICSCONVERT.EXEfile to begin the installation.
- At the "Welcome" window, click "Next".
- At the "Choose Destination Location" window, click "Next" to install the software in the default directory (C:\Program Files\Sony\IcsConv\).
NOTE: To install the software in a different location, click the Browse button. Navigate to the desired directory and then click "OK". Click "Next" to continue.
- At the "Select Program Manager Group" window, click "Next".
- At the "Start Installation" window, click "Next".
- At the "ReadMe-Notepad" window, either read the document or print it for later review. Click the X at the top-right to close the "ReadMe-Notepad" window.
- At the "Installation Complete" window, click "Finish".
- At the "Install" box, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the ICS Converter Utility is complete.
To use the ICS Converter double-click the icon on the Windows desktop, or click "Start", point to "Programs", point to "Sony ICS Converter" and then click "Sony ICS Converter".
For further information, check out the Readme file which was installed on the computer along with the update. To access the file, click "Start", point to "Programs", point to "Sony ICS Converter" and then click "Readme".