IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
When a television is connected via HDMI input to the DVD Player/Receiver unit of certain Sony® Home Theater systems the following symptom may occur when playing DVDs:
A Distortion Bar' may appear on the bottom of the screen (see illustration below).
Note: This is an error found within the DVD Player/Receiver unit and is not a problem with the television's HDMI connection.
This symptom only occurs when all of the following conditions are true:
- The video signal output resolution is set to 1280x720p or 1920x1080i.
- The HDMI CONTROL function in the CUSTOM SETUP menu is set to ON.
- The Home Theater system and the television are powered on simultaneously using the One-Touch Play function.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 1.70 MB
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: Do not power off the DVD Player/Receiver unit during the update process.
- A blank CD-R or CD-RW disc is required to perform this update.
- A computer capable of burning a CD is required to perform this update.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Disc Preparation Instructions
- Download the HA9_UC07.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the HA9_UC07.EXE file to extract the ha9_uc07.bin file.
- At the WinZip Self-Extractor - HA9_UC07EXE screen, click Unzip. Note: By default the ha9_uc07.bin file is unzipped to C:\HA9_UC-7. If desired, you may select a different location by clicking the Browse... button before clicking the Unzip button.
- At the 1 file(s) unzipped successfully screen, click OK, and then click close.
- Use your CD burning software to burn a data disc containing only the ha9_uc07.bin file. IMPORTANT: When burning the data disc:
- Do not change the name of the file.
- Do not burn any other files to the same disc.
- Ensure the disc is finalized during the burning process.
Firmware Update Installation Instructions
It is strongly recommended that you read through the instructions to familiarize yourself with the procedure before starting the update process.
- Connect the DVD Player/Receiver unit to your television, and then power on the television. Note: Be sure to select the input to which the DVD Player/Receiver unit is connected.
- Power on the DVD Player/Receiver unit and wait until the Sony screen is displayed on the television.
- Place the update CD into the DVD player tray, and then close the tray. Note: The disc will automatically start to load.
- When the message UPGRADE FILE DETECTED and PRESS PLAY TO START appear on the television screen, press the Play button. Note: The message UPGRADING will appear on the screen.
- Wait until the tray opens automatically, then remove the disc, and wait as the unit continues to upgrade. IMPORTANT: Do not close the tray, press any buttons on the unit or remote control, or power off the unit while the unit continues to upgrade.
- The unit continues upgrading for 3 to 4 minutes. When the process is finished the tray will close automatically and the normal Sony screen will re-appear on the television.
- Power off the DVD Player/Receiver unit.
The firmware update is now installed.