IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the firmware to version 1.02 and resolves the following issues:
- Title and album information for music files may not display correctly on the player
- The player may unexpectedly power off when playing MP4 video files
- The player may skip the first few seconds when playing WMV video files
- Audio and video may be out of synchronization when playing video files
- When selecting songs from "All Songs", "Album", or "Artists" in "Music Library", the "Index" description displayed at the top of the screen may not match the "List" description at the bottom of the screen
- Windows Vista®
- Windows® XP
- 6.54 MB
Before You Start
This firmware update is intended only for NWZ-E436F and NWZ-E438F Sony® Walkman® Digital Music players that have firmware version 1.01 or lower installed. Please follow the steps below to check the model and firmware version of your player.
If the firmware version is 1.02 or higher do not attempt to install this update.
|Before Performing the Update|
Download & Install
Computer System Requirements
Download and Installation Instructions
|Confirm Successful Update (optional)|