IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the BIOS to version R0180Y4 to add support for the Intel® Virtualization Technology on models with the required hardware and provides the ability to enable or disabled this feature within the BIOS settings.
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 5.17 MB
Before You Start
- WARNING!!: Before installing this update, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all!
- During the installation of this update:
- Do not turn the computer off.
- Do not allow the computer to enter Standby or Hibernation states.
- Do not start other programs.
- Do not connect any peripherals.
- Some models may not have the hardware required to use the Intel Virtualization Technology. For models that do not support this feature, the Intel Virtualization Technology is not displayed in the BIOS settings. For additional information, the Intel Processor Identification Utility can be used to determine if the processor in your computer supports the Intel Virtualization Technology.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600033.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600033.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "BIOS Update" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "VAIO® BIOS Update Tool" screen, verify the version to be installed is R0180Y4, and then click "Update".
- At the "WBFLASH" dialog box, click "OK" to confirm that the system BIOS will be updated.
- At the "BIOS Update successfully completed" dialog box, click "OK" to shutdown the computer.
- After the computer shuts down, wait for 30 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS Update is complete.