IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the Walkman® player to firmware version 1.01 and provides the following benefits:
- Resolves an issue where a loud noise may be heard when the player is used with one of the following devices:
- CPF-NW001 - Wireless Network Audio Cradle
- SRS-NWGU50, SRS-NWGM30, and SRS-NWZ10 - Active Speaker Systems
- NAS-SC500PK - HDD Network Audio System
- CMT-LX50WMR - Micro HI-FI Component System
- WLA-NWB1 - Bluetooth® Adaptor
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- 10.35 MB
Before You Start
This firmware update is intended only for NWZ-S615F, NWZ-S616F, and NWZ-S618F Sony® Walkman® Digital Music players that have firmware version 1.02 or lower installed. Please follow the steps below to check the model and firmware version of your player.
If the firmware version is 1.01 or higher do not attempt to install this update.
Download & Install
Computer System Requirements
Before Performing the Update
|Download and Installation Instructions|
|Confirm Successful Update (optional)|
Questions & Answers
Possible Errors During Update