IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the DVDirect VRD-MC3 and VRD-VC30 models to firmware version PYC5 to improve reliability and performance.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows® 2000
- Windows® XP
- 0.78 MB
Before You Start
- WARNING!! Do not turn off the drive, operate the computer keyboard, or disturb the drive and its connection to the computer during the update process. Any interruption may cause the update to fail and make the drive unusable.
- VRD-MC3: Please ensure the DVDirect drive is connected to your computer as an external drive and set to PC Mode. Please see "Connecting the DVDirect to a Computer" in the Operating Instructions for more information about connecting the drive to your computer.
- VRD-VC30: Please ensure the DVDirect drive is connected to your computer as an external drive. Please see "Connecting the DVDirect to a Computer" in the Operating Instructions for more information about connecting the drive to your computer.
- Before proceeding, make sure a disc is not inserted into the DVDirect drive and that the disc tray is closed.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the PYC5WIN.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PYC5WIN.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Warning" dialog, read the warning notice, and then click "Yes" to continue.
- At the "Flash Program for SONY DVD RW DW-Q120A" screen, under "Please select a target drive", ensure the "DVD RW DW-Q120A" drive is listed as the target drive, and then click "Update".
- As the update begins, the drive indicator becomes blue.
IMPORTANT: Do not turn off the drive, operate the computer keyboard, or disturb the drive and its connection to the computer during the update process.
- At the "Firmware has been updated successfully!" dialog, click "OK".
- At the "Your computer needs to be rebooted." dialog, click "Now" to restart your computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the DVDirect VRD-MC3 / VRD-VC30 Firmware Update is complete.