IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the Optiarc BD-5730S-VN drive firmware to version 1.71 to improve the read/write function.
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 4.18 MB
Before You Start
- Please shutdown the computer after the firmware update successfully completes. Restarting the computer may not complete the update and is not recommended.
- This update is intended only for models with the Optiarc BD-5730S drive option. If your computer does not include this option, a message will appear during installation that this update is not for your system.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600116.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600116.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Optiarc BD-5730S-VN Firmware Update" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Firmware Updater" screen, read the caution information, and then click "Yes" to continue.
- At the "Firmware Updater" screen, click "Flash" to start the update.
- At the "Update successful" screen, please do NOT click "Accept" to restart the computer, please close the window and shutdown the computer.
- After the computer shuts down, wait for 30 seconds, then power on the computer
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Optiarc BD-5730S-VN Firmware Update is completed.