IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the BIOS to version R0210Y5 to improve the thermal throttling of the CPU.
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 4.87 MB
Before You Start
- WARNING!: Before installing this update, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all!
- During the installation of this update:
- Do not turn the computer off.
- Do not allow the computer to enter Standby or Hibernation states.
- Do not start other programs.
- Do not connect any peripherals.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600100.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600100.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "BIOS Update" window, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "VAIO BIOS Update Tool" screen, verify that the version to be installed is R0210Y5 and then click "Update".
- At the "WBFLASH" dialog box, click "OK" to confirm that the system BIOS will be updated.
- At the "BIOS Update successfully completed" dialog box, click "OK" to shutdown the computer.
- After the computer shuts down, wait for 30 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS Update is complete.