IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the BIOS to version R0280Y6 and provides the following benefits:
- Improves thermal management
- Resolves an issue where the computer may fail to boot to the operating system
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 2.86 MB
Before You Start
- WARNING!: Before installing this update, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all!
- During the installation of this update:
- Do not turn the computer off.
- Do not allow the computer to enter Standby or Hibernation states.
- Do not start other programs.
- Do not connect any peripherals.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600232.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600232.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "BIOS Update Ver. R0280Y6" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "VAIO BIOS Update Tool" screen, verify that the version to be installed is R0280Y6 and then click "Update".
- At the "WBFLASH" dialog box, click "OK" to confirm that the system BIOS will be updated.
- At the "BIOS Update successfully completed" dialog box, click "OK" to shutdown the computer.
- After the computer shuts down, wait for 30 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS Update is complete.