IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility install the originally shipped version of the Remote Play with PlayStation3 software.
This utility allows you to display the PlayStation3 system screen on your computer using a network connection and remotely operate the PlayStation3 system.
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 30.87 Mb
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: Before installing the Remote Play with PlayStation3 software, please note the following:
- This application requires a computer with Bluetooth technology.
- The PlayStation3 system requires firmware version 3.15 or later.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000550930.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000550930.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Remote Play with PlayStation3" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Remote Play with PlayStation3 is complete.
How to set up the Remote Play with PlayStation3 software
- Please verify that you are able to connect the PlayStation3 system to your network.
Note: To test your network connection, try connecting to the PlayStation network. If you are unable to connect to the PlayStation3 to your network, contact PlayStation support for help.
- On the computer, click the "Start" button and then click "All Programs".
- At the "All Programs" menu, click "PlayStation Tools" and then click "Remote Play with PlayStation3".
- At the "What is Remote Play with PlayStation3?" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Set Nickname" screen, next to "Nickname:", type a name for this computer. This name is used by the PlayStation3 console to identify the computer.
- At the "Register this computer to the PlayStation3 system" screen, leave this screen on the computer open and go to the PlayStation3 system.
- On the PlayStation3 system, navigate to the "Settings" menu.
- At the "Settings" menu, navigate to "Remote Play Settings" and then press the "X" button.
- Verify that "Register Device" is selected, and then press the "X" button.
- At the "Register Device" screen, select "PC" and then press the "X" button.
IMPORTANT: An 8-digit registration number is displayed. You will have 5 minutes to enter this number in the Remote Play with PlayStation3 software.
- On the computer, in the "Register this computer to the PlayStation3 system" screen, next to "Number:", type the 8-digit number displayed in the previous step, and then click "Next".
Note: The computer and the PlayStation3 system will connect via a wireless connection and complete the registration process. During the registration process, the computer will disconnect from your wireless network so it can connect directly to the PlayStation3 system.
Note: If prompted for an Administrator password or the "User Account Control" screen is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click "Yes".
- When the registration is complete, the PlayStation3 system will display "Register completed" and the computer will display "Register Device process is complete".
- On the computer, in the "Register Device process is complete" screen, click "Connect".
- At the "Select the method for connecting to the PlayStation3 system" screen, click to select the desired connection type, and then click "Next".
Note: If you choose "Connect via Internet", you will be required to logon to the PlayStation network using your username and password. The Connect automatically option will try to connect through the Internet first, then through a home network, and finally directly via the wireless LAN feature.
- At the "Preparing to connect to the PlayStation3 system" screen, go to the Playstation3 system and continue with the next steps.
- On the PlayStation3 system, navigate to the "Network" menu.
- At the "Network" menu, select "Remote Play" and then press the "X" button. The "Remote Play" screen is displayed indicating the PlayStation3 system is ready for a connection.
- On the computer, in the "Preparing to connect to the PlayStation3 system" screen, click "Connect".
Note: If you are trying to connect through the Internet, please enter you PlayStation network username and password when the logon screen is displayed, otherwise the connection process will begin automatically.
- When the connection process has completed, the PlayStation3 system menu is displayed including a key assignment screen showing how to use the keyboard to control the PlayStation3 system.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-866-554-7669.