IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the PRS-350 firmware to version 1.0.00.14080 and resolves the following issues:
- The Reader cannot open a purchased book and "Protected Page Error" is displayed
- Annotations on a purchased book are lost
- Mac OS® X
- 21.87 MB
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: This utility is for Apple® Mac OS X® 10.4.11 or later operating systems only. If you are using a computer with a Microsoft® Windows® operating system please go to the PRS-350 System Update for Windows page.
- WARNING: The Sony Reader must be fully charged before installing this update. Failure to fully charge the Reader before installing the firmware update may cause the Reader to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- The software update process takes about 1 to 2 minutes.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- This update is only for PRS-350 Readers, do not attempt to install it on any other device.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
WARNING: The Sony Reader must be fully charged before installing this update. Failure to fully charge the Reader before installing the firmware update may cause the Reader to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- Download the PRS-350Updater.dmg file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Connect the Sony Reader to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- If the Reader Library software starts, close Reader Library before continuing.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PRS-350Updater.dmg file to begin the installation. WARNING: Do not disconnect the Sony Reader during the update process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Note: The Sony Reader will automatically restart during the update process.
- After the software update is complete, an Update Completed message is displayed.
- Click the X to close the update utility.
After the Sony Reader restarts, and the Reader displays an update complete message, the installation of the Sony Reader (PRS-350) Update is complete.
Installation Verification (optional)
- On the Sony Reader, press and hold the Home button until the Home menu opens.
- At the Home menu, tap Settings.
- At the Settings menu, tap About.
- At the About screen, version 1.0.00.14080 should be displayed. Note: If the version is not 1.0.00.14080, please re-download the update, and then perform the software update again.
Questions & Answers
Possible Errors During the Update Process
|ERROR: Please first quit Reader Library and try again. is displayed.|| RESOLUTION: |
|ERROR: Update isn't complete. Please try again is displayed.|| RESOLUTION: |
|ERROR: The Update button in the PRS-350 Updater is not enabled even if the PRS-350 is connected to the computer.|| RESOLUTION: |