This update is required if you have performed a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media).
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs the originally shipped version of the VAIO Quick Web Access - Splashtop Browser software.
By pressing the "WEB" button when the computer is powered off, this software allows access to your Internet connection within seconds after the computer is powered on without waiting for Windows® to load.
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 0.2.270.60016 (3.0.10)
- 256.29 Mb
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: Before installing the VAIO Quick Web Access - Splashtop Browser software, please note the following:
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media Kit), please ensure that all original device drivers from the Sony support site have been installed on the computer before installing the Splashtop Browser software.
- It is not necessary to revert to the original drivers for any drivers that you have properly installed updates from the Sony support site.
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system, please install all required files.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000551154.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000551154.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Quick Web Access - Splashtop Browser Ver. 0.2.270.60016 (3.0.10)" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the VAIO Quick Web Access - Splashtop Browser is complete.