IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs the originally shipped version of the VAIO Hardware Diagnostics software.
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 19.51 Mb
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: Before installing the VAIO Hardware Diagnostics software, please note the following:
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows® 7 operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media Kit), please ensure that all original device drivers from the Sony support site have been installed on the computer.
- It is not necessary to revert to the original drivers for any drivers that you have properly installed updates from the Sony support site.
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system, please install all required files. A link to the required files is available in the You May Need This section above.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000551387.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000551387.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" window, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "VAIO Hardware Diagnostics Ver. 4.4.0.0921000" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
The installation of the VAIO Hardware Diagnostics Software is complete.