IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the BIOS to version R0142C5 to resolve the following issues:
- The computer freezes (stops responding) at the VAIO® logo screen when resuming from sleep or hibernation modes or restarting the computer when it is connected to a port replicator
- A blank screen may be displayed when attempting to resume from sleep or hibernation modes
- A blue screen may intermediately occur
- The battery sometimes does not charge or discharge
- USB devices may not be detected
- The computer may not be able to detect a Memory Stick or SD memory card
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 6.09 MB
Before You Start
- WARNING!!: Before installing this update, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all!
- Note: Please deactivate the IATS (Intel® Anti-Theft Service), if it is running, before installing this update. The error, "The system is currently under Intel Anti-Theft Technology 4.0 protection. Please un-enroll the client (Intel AT Service, Computrace LoJack, or PC Theft Defense Service) before installing this BIOS update, will occur.
- During the installation of this update:
- Do not turn the computer off.
- Do not allow the computer to enter Standby or Hibernation states.
- Do not start other programs.
- Do not connect any peripherals.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000601257.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000601257.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "BIOS Update Ver. R0142C5" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Warning!!" screen, please read the information and follow the instructions, then click "OK" to continue.
- At the "VAIO® BIOS Update Tool" screen, verify the version to be installed is R0142C5, and then click "Update".
- At the "WBFLASH - Do you want to update the system BIOS?" dialog box, click "OK" to confirm that the system BIOS will be updated.
- At the "BIOS Update successfully completed" dialog box, click "OK" to shutdown the computer to complete the update.
- Wait 60 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS Update is complete.