IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility upgrades the Blu-ray Disc player firmware to version 026 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version 024:
- Improves disc playability
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version 026:
- Improves BD-ROM playability
- Improves compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs
- Adds slow and freeze frame functions during Blu-ray Disc and DVD playback
- Improved BD-Live performance to enhance interactivity
- Adds BD-Live functionality
- BD-Live allows you to enjoy additional content and services while playing a BD-Live capable disc.
- For optimal performance, we recommend that you use a Broadband Internet connection to access BD-Live content and services.
- BD-Live content and services require external USB flash memory (sold separately) for local storage.
- Improved sensitivity to the Remote Commander® signal while the player is in stand-by mode
- Mac OS® X
- 49.61 MB
Before You Start
Download & Install
There are three ways to obtain the Blu-ray Disc player firmware upgrade:
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Sony Support at 1-877-899-SONY (7669).
The Network Upgrade operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that you use the Network Upgrade method to upgrade the Blu-ray Disc player firmware.
|Q: The network upgrade process has two parts, first the download and then the upgrade. If, after the download part is finished, the firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running after more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-877-899-SONY (7669).|
The instructions below are for how to install the firmware upgrade using a disc. The steps are the same whether you downloaded the firmware and created the disc, or whether you ordered the disc from Sony.
|Q: The UPDATA_07X026M.ZIP upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site cannot be extracted.||A: The download may have failed. Delete the downloaded file and follow the steps in the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section to create a new upgrade disc|
|Q: The firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-877-899-SONY (7669).|