IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs an updated version of the AMD Radeon HD 6470M / 6630M and Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers to resolve the following issues:
- The screen may flash briefly when the computer is restarted, shutdown, or resumes from hibernate or sleep modes, while connected to an external monitor
- The primary monitor cannot be set as the default monitor in the Intel Wireless Display Technology software
- The screen has a white blur after resuming from sleep or hibernation due to the Intel Display Power Saving Technology settings
- A blue screen may occur after the computer resumes from hibernation or sleep power modes
- Improves battery performance
- A blue screen may occur when the computer is in "SPEED" mode
- Enables support for the VAIO® 3D Filter screen
- A blue screen may occur when attempting to stream online video with errors 7F, D1, or 0x0116
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 257.85 MB
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: Before installing this driver, make sure the performance selector switch on the notebook is set for SPEED mode and close all open applications.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600498.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600498.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "AMD Radeon™ HD 6470M / 6630M and Intel® HD Graphics 3000 Update Ver. 8.862.4.4000" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the AMD Radeon HD 6470M / 6630M and Intel HD Graphics 3000 Update is complete.
NOTE: Follow the steps below to verify the versions of the drivers installed:
AMD Radeon HD 6470 / 6630M Driver
- At the Windows® desktop, click "Start", "Computer", "System Properties".
- Click "Device Manager", then click "Display Adapters".
- Double click "AMD Radeon HD 6470 / 6630M".
- Click the "Driver" tab and check that the driver version shown is 8.862.4.4000.
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 Driver
- At the Windows desktop, right-click and select "Graphics Properties".
- Select "Basic Mode" from the "Select one of the following application modes" screen, then click "OK".
- Select "Options and Support from the left menu and check that the driver version shown is 220.127.116.1169.