IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility will install an updated version of the Optical TrackPad Control Driver software to resolve the following issues:
- The TrackPad settings are not saved after resuming from sleep mode.
- The buttons settings return to the previous values after changing the profile.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 8.62 MB
Before You Start
Before installing this update the existing version of the Optical TrackPad Control Driver software must be uninstalled. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the current version of the Optical TrackPad Control Driver.
How to uninstall the Optical TrackPad Control Driver
- Open "Control Panel".
- Select "Uninstall Programs".
- Double click the "Optical TrackPad" listing to uninstall the existing driver.
- Restart the computer.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the EP0000600539.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600539.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Optical TrackPad Control Driver Ver. 8.8.2012.8" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finish" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Optical TrackPad Control Driver Update is complete.