IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs an updated version of the Synaptics PS/2 Port ClickPad software to resolve the following issues:
- The edge of the TouchPad is non-responsive
- The tap zones are not functional regardless of the software settings
- Latency occurs when using the tap and drag functions
- The left-hand and right-hand settings are reversed after returning from Standby or Hibernate
- Two-finger and Three-finger functions are not explained correctly in the Help file
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 89.32 MB
Before You Start
Important: Before installing this update, the current version of the Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad must be uninstalled. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the software.
- Open Control Panel
- Select "Uninstall Programs"
- Double click the "Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" to uninstall the current driver software
- Restart the computer
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600614.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600614.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Synaptics PS/2 Port ClickPad Update Ver. 220.127.116.11 " screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finish" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Synaptics PS/2 Port ClickPad Update is complete.