IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility will install the originally shipped version of the NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE video driver and the NVIDIA Control Panel version 4.8.750.0.
This driver also resolves the yellow exclamation point error that may appear in Device Manager next to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" which indicates that a driver is not installed for that device.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 212.04 Mb
Before You Start
NOTE: Before installing this update, please change the mode to "SPEED".
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000551776.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000551776.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE Ver. 126.96.36.1997" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE Driver is complete.