IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs an updated version of the MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ162 firmware to resolve an issue where the computer cannot access the optical drive when no optical media is present.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 3.50 MB
Before You Start
- This update is for models that have the MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ162 optical drive installed.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions to use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600692.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600692.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ162 Firmware Update Ver. 1.01" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finish" screen click "Finish".
NOTE:The computer must be shut down after the firmware update is completed. After the computer has been shut down, wait 60 seconds then restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ162 Firmware Update is complete.