IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs an updated version of the Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High Speed Adapter software to resolve an issue where the HFP (Hands-Free Profile) feature is not available after pairing to a Bluetooth device.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 45.94 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600717.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600717.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Intel® Centrino® Wireless Bluetooth® 4.0 + High Speed Adapter Update Ver. 18.104.22.168059" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High Speed Adapter Update is complete.
NOTE: To check that the Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High Speed Adapter Update is complete, follow the steps below:
How to verify the version installed
- Click "Search" then "Settings"
- Click "Device Manager" on the left of your screen
- Double-click "Intel® Centrino® Wireless Bluetooth® 4.0 + High Speed Adapter"
- Click the "Driver" tab and view that the installed Driver Properties version is 22.214.171.124059
- Click "Search" then type "Control Panel"
- Click "Control Panel" on the left of your screen
- Under "Programs", click "Uninstall a program"
- View the name "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology" to see that the version installed is 2.6.1212.0302