IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs an updated version of the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 driver to provide the following improvements:
- Improves Wireless LAN connectivity
- Improves file transfer when using the Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption for 802.11a or 802.11g band connections
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 88.94 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600829.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600829.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 Update ver. 18.104.22.168" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 Update is complete.
To check the version installed after the installation is complete, follow the steps below:
- Click "Search" on the Charm listing, then click "Apps".
- Click "Computer" to the left on your screen then double click the (C:) drive
- Double click Windows\System32\Drivers, and hover over NETwew02.sys
- Version 22.214.171.124 is shown