IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs an updated version of the VAIO® Gesture Control software and adds support for the Windows® 8.1 operating system. This update will also resolve the following issues:
- Text displayed in the VAIO Gesture Control UI (User Interface) overlaps when using certain languages.
- The "Rear Camera" option has been removed from "Camera Settings" in the VAIO Gesture Control Settings feature.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 18.11 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600838.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600838.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Maintenance Complete" screen, click "Finish".
The installation of the VAIO Gesture Control Update is complete.