IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs an updated version of the FastAccess™ software to resolve the following issues:
- A file selection dialog box appears when attempting to uninstall the FastAccess application
- In Device Manager "facap, FastAccess Video Capture" is set to disable
- In portrait mode, images captured by the built-in camera are incorrectly rotated 90-degrees
- In PC mode, images captured by the built-in camera are sometimes incorrectly rotated 90-degrees
- When FastAccess is used by multiple users, the camera LED does not turn off
- The camera LED does not turn off after login
- The camera LED turns on shortly after the computer enters Windows® sleep mode
- The EcoAware setting is available to all users of FastAccess except for the Administrator
- The computer will exit Windows sleep mode without user input
- The camera LED may turn on even when the FastAccess application is turned off
- The battery power is rapidly consumed while in sleep mode
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 101.84 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600956.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600956.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Welcome to the FastAccess Setup Wizard" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Select Installation Folder" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Ready to Install" screen, click "Install".
- At the "Installation Information" dialog, click "OK".
- If the "Installation Information" dialog appears again, click "OK".
- At the "Completing the FastAccess Setup Wizard" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "You mush restart your system for the configuration changes made to FastAccess to take effect" screen, click "Yes" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the FastAccess Software Update is complete.