IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs the Keyboard Receiver Registry Setting update to resolve an issue where the wireless keyboard does not function properly after upgrading to Windows® 8.1.
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 1224752 bytes
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000601627.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000601627.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- Please wait for 30 seconds for the installation to complete.
The installation of the Keyboard Receiver Registry Setting Update is complete.
To verify that the installation was successful, it is necessary to use the Registry Editor (Regedit) tool. The Registry Editor is an advanced tool for viewing and changing settings in your system registry.
WARNING!! There is a risk of corrupting installed software and data loss whenever you edit the Registry. Be careful not to make and save any unintended changes to the Registry.
Please follow the steps below:
- Click "Search", then type "Regedit".
- Click "Regedit", then if the "User Account Control" screen appears, click "Yes".
- In the "Registry Editor" tool, on the left, navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "SOFTWARE", "Sony Corporation", and then "KeyboardReceiverRegistrySetting".
- The data for the version should be 20140723.