IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the Walkman® player to firmware version 2.04 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 2.03:
- Improves stability when connecting with some Bluetooth® devices
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 2.04:
- Resolves a condition where the Walkman may not properly playback the playlists transferred from Media Go software
- Improves network performance
- Improves the operating stability of the Media player
- Provides general functionality improvements
- Adds FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) support
- Improved battery life
- Improved sound effects function
- Provides enhancements for the Music player application (includes the addition of the playlist creation function)
- Adds the Music Unlimited application
- Adds the Walkman Classics application
- Provides enhanced stability for shuffle playback
- Correspond to "Music on Google Play"
- Provides general fixes to improve stability and performance
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 244.66 MB
Before You Start
This firmware update is intended only for NWZ-Z1000 series Walkman® Digital Media players. Please follow the steps below to check the model and firmware version of your player.
Note: This update is not necessary if your Walkman player has already been updated by the automatic firmware update function to version 2.04.
If the Build number is 2.04 or higher, do not attempt to install this update.
Download & Install
Computer System Requirements
Download and Installation Instructions
|Confirm Successful Update (optional)|