IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the Blu-ray Disc™ player firmware to version M13.R.0510 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version M13.R.0500:
- Resolves SSL security issue
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version M13.R.0510:
- Improves BRAVIA® Internet Video connectivity
- Improves BD-ROM playability
- Adds support for browsing the contents list of the iPhone®/iPod® device on the Network Audio Remote app
- Adds control functions for the Party Streaming™ mode that enables users to see other devices participating in Party Streaming on the BDV screen, adjust the volume and mute settings, and choose to join or leave Party Streaming.
- Adds support for browsing the contents list on the Network Audio Remote app
- Adds support for the Sony® Entertainment Network portal
- Adds support for the "Recommendations" feature
- The "Recommendations" feature automatically analyzes your interests by referencing your viewing history to find programs and items you may like, and presents them in the xross media bar™ menu.
- This feature may not be available depending on your region and broadcasting conditions.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® RT
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- UPDATA_M13R0510.zip for BDV
- 109.11 MB
Before You Start
Download & Install
There are two ways to upgrade the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System firmware:
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Sony Support at 877-899-SONY (877-899-7669).
The Network Upgrade operation is straightforward. Sony highly recommends that you use the Network Upgrade method to upgrade the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System firmware.
|Q: When running network upgrade, the television displays the message, "Connection status cannot be confirmed" and you cannot perform the firmware upgrade.|| A: There may be a problem with the network connection. Verify that the network connection and settings are correct. |
|Q: The power was shut down during the upgrade process.||A: Power on the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System, and then follow the Network Upgrade Instructions again.|
|Q: After the network upgrade process has started, "1/9" is displayed in the lower right, but the progress bar on the display has not changed.||A: Depending on your network circumstances, the network upgrade process can take a long time (up to 60 minutes). That is why "1/9" is displayed in the lower right and the progress bar on the display will not change for a long time.|
|Q: The network upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 60 minutes.|| A: If your system is connected via wireless to the network, please try to connect with a cable to the network and try the procedure again. |
If the issue persists after performing the upgrade again, please contact Sony Support at 877-899-SONY (877-899-7669).
If you cannot connect the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System to your Internet source, please use the disc upgrade method.
The instructions below are for how to install the firmware upgrade using a disc. The steps are the same whether you downloaded the firmware and created the disc, or whether you ordered the disc from Sony.
|Q: When I double click the UPDATA_M13R0510.ZIP upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site, the MSB13-FW.BIN and MSB13-FW.ID files are not created.||A: The download may have failed. Delete the downloaded file and follow the steps in the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section to create a new upgrade disc|
|Q: The firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.|| A: Please perform the following procedure: |