IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the firmware to add playback support for 16bit 44.1/44.8kHz audio formats on the Xperia® Z smartphone.
- Mac OS® X
- 0.21 MB
Before You Start
- Please do not connect the PHA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier to the computer until instructed. If you have already connected the device to the computer, please disconnect it now.
- Please ensure that the device has enough battery power to complete the update. After turning on the power switch, confirm that the POWER indicator flashes at least twice. If the battery runs out during the update process, the update may fail.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
This software requires a computer meeting the following system requirements:
Note: This software is not supported on computers with upgraded operating systems or multi-boot environments.
- Computer System Requirements:
- Operating systems: Mac OS® X 10.8 or later
- CPU: Intel® Core 2 Processor 1.6 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB or higher
- A USB port (USB 2.0 High Speed compliant).
Note: This software is not guaranteed to work for all computers even if they meet the above system requirements. Furthermore, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Computers in system standby, sleep, or hibernation mode
Download and Installation Instructions
- Click the "Download Now" icon on this page to begin.
- Read the Software Download License Agreement, then, if you agree, click "ACCEPT AGREEMENT" to continue.
- When the "File Save" dialog box appears, download the DFU_v1.23.dmg file to your desired location (please note this location for reference) on your computer.
Note: Please do not connect the PHA-2 to the computer until instructed. If you have already connected the device to the computer, please disconnect it now.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and verify that the size of the DFU_v1.23.dmg file is 216,911 bytes.
- Click the DFU_v1.23.dmg file icon and select "Get Info" from the "File" menu. Click the triangular arrow by "General" to confirm the file size.
- Verify that the "Size:" listed is "211 KB (216,911 bytes)".
Note: The "Size on disk:" listed may be different. That is normal.
- If the file size is different than the "216,911 bytes", please download the DFU_v1.23.dmg file again.
- Connect the PHA-2 to your computer using the supplied micro USB cable and power on the device.
Note: Please ensure that the device has enough battery power to complete the update. After turning on the power switch, confirm that the POWER indicator flashes at least twice. If the battery runs out during the update process, the update may fail.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the DFU_v1.23.dmg file.
- When the DFU Utility folder opens, double-click the DFU Utility.app file.
- At the "Please select a language" screen, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Sony USB Device Firmware Upgrade" screen, click "Start".
Note: If the message "No device found, Please plug in the device you want to upgrade." is displayed, please confirm the PHA-2 is powered on, the input select switch is set to USB, and that the computer and the device are properly connected using the supplied micro USB cable.
If the display message does not change, disconnect the USB cable from PHA-2 and the computer, and then power off the PHA-2 device. Then reconnect the USB cable to PHA-2 and the computer and power on the PHA-2 device.
- Please wait while the firmware upgrade installs.
- When the "Firmware upgrade finished successfully," message appears, confirm the "Current Firmware" is "v1.23," and then click "Exit".
- Note: If the installation fails, perform the update process again from the beginning.
The PHA-2 Software Update installation is complete.