IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the Walkman® player to firmware version 1.21 and resolves an issue where the Walkman may not properly operate during play back or may restart unintentionally.
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 1.21:
- The memory type (such as a built-in memory/SD card) can now be selected even while connected via USB
- Addresses an issue where, in rare cases, sound may not be produced when the WALKMAN is connected with the digital amplifier
- Provides additional function updates
- Supports LDAC (a newly developed high resolution codec) during Bluetooth® connection.
- Improves a condition where the Walkman may be slow in action when a FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) file, which has more than one jacket picture, is played and moves to the next or previous song
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 56.91 MB
Before You Start
This firmware update is intended only for NWZ-ZA10 series Walkman® Digital Media players. Please follow the steps below to check the model and firmware version of your player.
Note: This update is not necessary if your Walkman player has already been updated by the automatic firmware update function to version 1.21.
IMPORTANT: If the Build number is 1.21 or higher, do not attempt to install this update.
Download & Install
Computer System Requirements
Download and Installation Instructions
|Confirm Successful Update (optional)|