IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs an updated version of the USB Audio driver software to support the playback of your audio files from your computer using the USB connection and also provides improved performance for the USB-B function.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 8.89 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- This software requires a computer meeting the following system requirements:
- A USB port (USB 2.0 compliant)
- One of the following Microsoft® Windows® operating systems installed:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2)
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in to the computer as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Do not turn off the computer until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause issues with the software operation.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10.zip file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Go to the location where the Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10.zip file was downloaded and extract the Setup.exe file:
- Right-click the Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10.zip file, and then click Extract All.
- At the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders screen, click Extract.
- A new folder is created called Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10 that contains the Setup.exe file.
- Go to the location where the folder was created and double-click the Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10 folder.
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the Choose Setup Language screen, select the language you wish to use, and then click Next.
- At the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for SONY Audio screen, click Next.
- At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Install.
- The Installing Sony Audio screen displays the installation progress.
- At the InstallShield Wizard Complete screen, click Finish to complete the driver installation.
- Connect the USB cable:
- For the MAP-S1, SRS-X9, SRS-X88, SRS-X99, CMT-SX7/SX7B, CAS-1, and SRS-HG1 (h.ear go) units, connect from the computer to the USB terminal (type B) on the back panel.
- For the RSX-GS9 unit, connect from the computer to the (type micro B) on the front panel (USB micro B).
- Turn on the unit:
- For the MAP-S1 or CAS-1 units, select the USB-B function by touching the USB-B button on unit or by the remote control.
- For the MAP-S1, CMT-SX7 or CMT-SX7B units, select the USB REAR function using remote commander.
- For the SRS-X9, SRS-X88, SRS-X99 units, select the USB B function by touching the function button on the unit.
- For the SRS-HG1 (h.ear go), unit, select the USB function by touching the USB-B button on the unit.
- For the RSX-GS9 unit, select the USB-DAC function by pushing the source button on the front panel or on the remote.
- After the installation completes successfully, Sony Audio is added to the Sound, video and game controllers section of Device Manager.
- The USB Audio driver installation is complete.