IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs the latest version of the Sound Organizer software and provides the following changes and benefits over earlier versions:
- Improved stability of operation.
- The Disk writing module has been changed from PX Engine to the native operating system component Image Mastering API.
- CD-Text is no longer supported, so the Title and Artist tags can no longer be edited during disk creation.
- Due to Microsoft® Windows Vista® specification restrictions, the following DVDs are not supported with the Windows Vista® operating system:
Overview of Sound Organizer Version 1.6 Functions
- Save/Add Files
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be saved to a computer in file or folder units.
- Files saved in your computer can also be added to an IC recorder.
- Edit Files
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be divided, edited, and combined with other files.
- Convert Files
- Files saved in your computer can be converted to WAV or MP3 format.
- Create CDs/DVDs
- Files recorded from an IC recorder and other audio files can be written to a CD making it possible to create an audio CD, MP3 CD, or data disk (CD / DVD).
- Audio and MP3 CDs created with Sound Organizer can be played on your computer and also regular CD players.
- Record CDs
- Data from your commercial CDs can be converted to a format used by Sound Organizer and recorded/stored in your computer.
- Other Functions
- Edit track marks
- DPC (Digital Pitch Control) playback
- Voice Up playback
- Noise cut playback
- A-B repeat playback
- E-mail attachments
- Quick Operation Guide (on-screen guide / help)
- Automatic updates
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 0.00 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- If recorded messages are saved in the computer, it is strongly recommend that you backup the messages onto a CD-R/RW disc, or other external storage device, before installing this software.
- If a previous version of Digital Voice Editor software is installed on the computer, please uninstall that version by following the on-screen instructions with this utility. Messages saved in the computer and option settings may not be correctly imported if you uninstall the previous version by any other method.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer:
Note: This software is not supported by Sony for computers with any of the following conditions:
- Minimum System Requirements:
- Computer: IBM® PC/AT or compatible computer (Not for use with Macintosh® systems)
- Operating System: One of the following preinstalled Microsoft® Windows® operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows 8/8.1 - Windows 10: Pentium® III 1 GHz or higher
- Windows 7: Pentium III 1 GHz or higher
- Windows Vista: Pentium III 800 MHz or higher
- Memory (RAM):
- Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10: 1 GB or more for 32-bit, and 2 GB or more for 64-bit
- Windows Vista (Home Basic edition): 512 MB or more
- Windows Vista (Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate editions): 1 GB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 300 MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive: A CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW drive is necessary to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or data CDs/DVDs.
- USB Port: Compatible USB port
- Sound Board: Sound cards compatible with any of the supported operating systems
- Screen resolution: 800 x 600 resolution or higher (1024 x 768 is recommended)
- Screen color: High color (16-bit) or higher
- Internet Access: Required to use podcasts and Gracenote (information retrieval service for audio CDs)
- Operating Systems other than those listed above
- Personally constructed PCs or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- Macintosh® computers
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the SoundOrganizer_V1601.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SoundOrganizer_V1601.exe file to begin the installation. Note: If the User Account Control screen appears, click Yes or Continue.
- At the Welcome to Sound Organizer Installer screen, click Next.
- At the License Agreement dialog box, read the agreement, then, if you agree, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- At the Setup Type screen, select Standard, and then click Next.
- At the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- During the installation, the Status screen will be displayed.
- At the Sound Organizer has been successfully installed screen, make sure that Launch Sound Organizer Now is selected, and then click Finish.
- On the Sound Organizer menu bar, click Help and then click About Sound Organizer.
- If the software version is 1.6.01.05240, the installation was successfully completed.
- If the software version isn't 1.6.01.05240, please download and install the software again.