This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
IMPORTANT: This firmware update must be performed in order to keep using the Spotify® music distribution service.
This utility updates the SRS-X77 Personal Audio System firmware to version 1.60.2994 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 1.60.2935:
- Improves the operational stability when playing back music files over a local network
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 1.60.2994:
- Improves the operational stability when using a music distribution service via the Internet
- When using the Google Cast for Audio for the first time, the time until the sound is output has been reduced
- Provides other functional improvements
- Corrects an issue where the message Update audio system is displayed on the Music Center (SongPal) screen.
- Mac OS® X
- System Software
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 154.40 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- The software update process usually takes 3 to 10 minutes, depending on system configuration and network connection.
- In order to perform the Network Update it is necessary to have the system correctly connected to an active Internet connection.
- It is not possible to return to the previous software version after performing this update.
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the Personal Audio System from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, can cause the Personal Audio System to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Download & Install
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Network Update via Internet Method (Recommended)
The Network Update via Internet method is straightforward and the easiest way to update your Personal Audio System. To use this method, your Personal Audio System must have an active Internet (network) connection (512Kbps or faster). If you have a slower connection speed, use the Update via USB Storage Device method instead.
OPTION 2 - Update via USB Storage Device Method
With this method, you use a computer to download the firmware upgrade to USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your Personal Audio System. You will need a USB storage device with 256MB space available, and your Personal Audio System has to be connected to a computer.