IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
IMPORTANT: This software is available only by performing an update via the Internet (network).
This software update (firmware version 5.03) provides the following benefits:
- IMPORTANT: This firmware update must be performed to keep using the Chromecast built-in music distribution service. If you do not manually install the update, it will be automatically installed when there is an active network connection and the speaker is not in use.
- Improves secure communication (WPA2)
- Mac OS® X
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® RT
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- In order to perform this update it's necessary to have the system connected to an active internet source.
- It's not possible to return to the previous software version after performing this update.
- Do not disconnect the speaker from the AC power source until the update process is complete.
- Do not turn off the speaker or disconnect it from the internet during the update process.
Download & Install
- Connect the speaker via WiFi to the same network as the smartphone containing the SONY | Music Center (SongPal) application.
- On the smartphone, launch the SONY | Music Center (SongPal) application.
- At the Music Center screen, tap to select the h.ear go (SRS-HG1) xxxxxx device.
- At the next screen, tap to select Settings.
- At the Settings screen, tap to select Other Settings.
- At the Other Settings screen, under h.ear go (SRS-HG1) Version, the current version number is displayed. If the version number is 5.03 or higher, the software update is installed.
Network Update Instructions
The software update process usually takes 3 to 10 minutes, depending on system configuration and your network internet connection.
Important: If the power indicator on the unit keeps flashing in green even after pushing power button, push the RESET button located on the bottom of the unit.
- Connect the unit to an AC outlet by using the supplied USB AC adaptor and micro USB cable. Note: This update cannot be performed using battery power.
- Make sure the system is connected to an active internet (network) connection. Note: The unit may be connected to the internet by one of the following methods:
For details, please see the instruction manual.
- Connecting by SONY | Music Center (SongPal) smartphone app
- Connecting by WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Connecting by PC
- If the speaker is turned on, press the (on/standby) button to turn off the unit.
- Press the (on/standby) button to turn on the unit.
- Wait until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in orange. Note: When a software update is available, the UPDATE/WPS button lights up.
- Press and hold the UPDATE/WPS button until beeps are heard. When the latest software update starts, the UPDATE/WPS button flashes. Note: The speaker is not operational while the system is updating.
- The blinking interval and status of the UPDATE/WPS button changes according to the update progress.
- The UPDATE/WPS button automatically turns off and the speaker switches to standby or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode after the update is complete.
- Check the current software version to confirm that the update has successfully installed. Note: If the version number is 5.03, the software update was successful.
Questions & Answers
If all the LEDs are lit on the speaker, the software update has failed, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Press the (on/standby) button to turn off the speaker and then on again.
- Make sure the speaker is connected to an AC outlet using the supplied USB AC adaptor and micro USB cable.
- Make sure the speaker is connected to an active internet source and the UPDATE/WPS button is lit, then start update process again