IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the Blu-ray Disc™ Home Theatre firmware to version M16.R.0255 and provides the following changes and benefits:
Improvements over version M16.R.0215:
- Fixes an issue where some Blu-ray titles cannot be played
- System Software
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 101.86 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Your Blu-ray Disc player needs to be connected to a TV to install the update.
- Do not operate, turn off, or disconnect the Blu-ray Disc player from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the player to become unresponsive or to require repair.
Download & Install
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Update via Internet Method (Recommended)
The Update via Internet Method is straightforward and the easiest way to update your player. To use this method, your Blu-ray Disc player must be connected to a TV and the internet (512Kbps or faster). If you have a slower connection speed, use the Upgrade Disc Method instead.
OPTION 2 - Create an Upgrade Disc Method
With this method, you use a computer to download the firmware upgrade and create an upgrade disc, and then install it from the upgrade disc onto your Blu-ray Disc player. You will need a brand new CD-R disc, and your Blu-ray Disc player has to be connected to a TV.