This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the Blu-ray Disc™ player firmware to version M20.R.0180 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version M20.R.0164:
- Fixes an issue where some Blu-ray titles cannot be played
- Mac OS® X
- System Software
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 91.34 MB
Before You Start
- Turn on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the Blu-ray Disc player is connected.
- Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- If the Blu-ray Disc player starts to play a disc, press the STOP button and wait until the Home Screen menu is displayed on the television before proceeding.
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote control to select Setup, then System Settings, and then press the ENTER button.
- Use the arrow buttons to select System Information, and then press the ENTER button.
- The firmware version currently installed on the Blu-ray Disc player will be listed on the television screen.
- If the last four digits of the version number are 0180 or higher, it is not necessary to install this firmware update.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Your Blu-ray Disc player needs to be connected to a TV to install the update.
- Do not operate, turn off, or disconnect the Blu-ray Disc player from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the player to become unresponsive or to require repair.
Download & Install
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Update via Internet Method (Recommended)
The Update via Internet Method is straightforward and the easiest way to update your player. To use this method, your Blu-ray Disc player must be connected to a TV and the internet (512Kbps or faster). If you have a slower connection speed, use the USB Storage Device method instead.
OPTION 2 - USB Storage Device (USB) Update Method
With this method, you use a PC to download the firmware upgrade to USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your Blu-ray Disc player. You will need a USB storage device with 150MB space available, and your Blu-ray Disc player has to be connected to a TV.