IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility upgrades the Blu-ray Disc™ Theatre firmware to version M21.R.0180 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version M21.R.0174:
- Fixes an issue where some Blu-ray titles cannot be played
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 106.28 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Your Blu-ray Disc player needs to be connected to a TV to install the update.
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the Blu-ray Disc player from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the player to become unresponsive or to require repair.
Download & Install
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Update via Internet Method (Recommended)
The Update via Internet Method is straightforward and the easiest way to update your player. To use this method, your Blu-ray Disc player must be connected to a TV and the internet (512Kbps or faster). If you have a slower connection speed, use the USB Storage Device method instead.
OPTION 2 - USB Storage Device (USB) Update Method
With this method, you use a PC to download the firmware upgrade to USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your Blu-ray Disc player. You will need a USB storage device with 150MB space available, and your Blu-ray Disc player has to be connected to a TV.