WAIT - Read the Required Files section before downloading this file.
This utility is required only with Mac OS X® 10.13.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the SELP18110G lens system software to version 02 and provides the following changes and benefits:
- Improves rare cases where the focus does not fit in FullMF mode
- Improves focus tracking accuracy and stability
IMPORTANT: The lens must be attached to an E-mount body camera to perform this update.
Note: The NEX-5, NEX-3, NEX-C3, NEX-VG10, and PXW-FS7 model cameras cannot be used for this update.
- Mac OS® X
- 2.29 MB
Before You Start
- Attach the lens to the camera. Note: Please make sure the camera is off before you attach the lens.
- Turn on the camera.
- Press the Menu button.
- At the Menu screen, select Setup.
- At the Setup screen, select Version.
- The System Software version is displayed on the LCD screen.
- If the current version is Ver.02 or higher, the camera lens doesn't need this update.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- This System Software update can be performed only when the lens is attached to a camera. Make sure to turn off the camera and attach your lens before performing this update. The NEX-5, NEX-3, NEX-C3, NEX-VG10, and PXW-FS7 model cameras can't be used for this update.
- When using the PXW-FS7M2 for the update, follow the update procedure outlined in the PXW-FS7M2 instruction manual.
- This System Software update and any changes incurred by it are permanent. It isn't possible to return to a previous version after updating this System Software. By continuing this update process, downloading and installing this software, you acknowledge that you're aware and understand that this update can't be reversed.
- Don't allow the computer to enter Sleep (Standby) mode during the update process. To change your settings, please refer to your computer manual or consult the manufacturer.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, can cause the lens to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- This update process requires the following items for proper updating:
- A computer with:
- CPU: Intel® processor Note:Core™ Solo and Core Duo processors are not supported.
- Available Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more
- Installed Memory (RAM): 512 MB or more
- A USB port
- Apple® Mac OS X® version 10.9 - 10.13 IMPORTANT: For computers running Mac OS X version 10.13, the DriverLoader_1013 software must be installed before installing the camera software update for each camera that's being updated.
- CPU: Intel® processor
- A compatible camera (NEX-5, NEX-3, NEX-C3, NEX-VG10, and PXW-FS7 model cameras can't be used for this update):
- This update can only be performed when the remaining battery level has three bars or more. When performing the System Software update, it's recommended that you use a fully charged battery pack or an AC adapter/charger.
- Remove the memory card from the camera.
- Detach the vertical grip before updating lens system software.
- USB cable:
- Use only the USB cable supplied with the camera. Update functionality isn't guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- A computer with:
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Download & Install
- Download the Update_SELP18110GV2D.dmg file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the Update_SELP18110GV2D.dmg file. The Lens System Software Updater starts.
- Ensure the memory card is removed from the camera.
- Ensure the lens is attached the camera. Note:Please make sure to turn off the camera before you attach the lens.
- Turn on the camera. Note:If the camera has already been powered on, power it off and then back on again.
- On the camera, press the Menu button, select Setup, USB Connection, and then ensure that Mass Storage is selected (this step isn't necessary if you're using a QX series camera).
- Make sure no other devices are connected to the camera.
- Connect the camera to your computer using the supplied USB cable. If an error message appears on the computer screen, try the following:
- Disconnect the USB cable and then reconnect it.
- If another USB port is available on the computer, try connecting the USB cable to another port.
- Verify that the remove hardware icon or is displayed in the task tray at the lower right-hand corner of the computer screen. If the icons aren't present in the task tray, proceed to the next step.
- After confirming the steps above, at the Lens System Software Updater window, click Next.
IMPORTANT: Don't turn off the camera until the Lens system software update has completed. Depending on the camera model, it may take a few minutes for screen changes.
- The camera screen displays the message Follow computer instructions.
- If the message The update is not available for your model appears on the screen, verify that the update file is correct for the lens you have attached. If the file is correct, close the Lens System Software Updater program, disconnect the USB cable, turn off the camera, and then restart the Lens System Software Updater program and continue the procedure.
- If the message Could not find the camera with the lens for this update mounted appears on the screen, ensure you're using a compatible camera (NEX-5, NEX-3, NEX-C3, NEX-VG10, and PXW-FS7 cameras can't be used for this update) and if the camera is properly connected to the computer. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable or connect to another USB port on the computer.
- When the following screen is displayed, check the version number at the lower left.
- If the current version is Ver.02, your camera lens doesn't need this update. Stop the USB connection by clicking the remove hardware icon or in the task tray in the lower right corner of the computer screen. Then disconnect USB cable from the camera and click the Finish button on the Lens System Software Updater screen, turn off the camera, briefly remove the battery pack or the AC adaptor, and then power on the camera again.
- If the current version is less than Ver.02, click Next.
- The following screen is displayed and the progress bar appears while transferring data to the camera (data transfer takes approximately 5 seconds). WARNING: Don't turn off the camera or disconnect the USB cable until the update process is complete.
- When the data transfer is complete, the following screen is displayed, click Finish.
- The update process starts and the progress bar is displayed on the camera screen. This process takes approximately 30 seconds to complete.
- The update process is finished when the Lens update complete message is displayed on the camera screen. If you're using the QX series, the update process is finished when the message disappears from the camera screen.
- Stop the USB connection by clicking the remove hardware icon or in the task tray in the lower right corner of the computer screen. If the icons aren't present in the task tray, proceed to the next step.
- Disconnect the USB cable, turn off the camera, and then remove the battery pack or AC adapter.
- Reconnect the battery pack or AC adapter and power on the camera.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
- If the version is Ver.02, the firmware update was successful.
- If the version isn't Ver.02, download and install the update again.