IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility upgrades the firmware to version 1.01 and provides the following changes and benefits:
- Improves the extended touch operation area when selecting Tuner presets
- Fixes an issue where there is noise when the input level of the Sirius XM Radio is high
- Fixes an issue where the sound is clipped when only High Pass Filter (HPF) is ON.
- System Software
- 8.11 MB
Before You Start
- Press the HOME button and then tap the Settings icon.
- At the Settings screen, select General, and then select Firmware Version.
- At the Firmware Version screen, if the firmware version displayed is 1.01 or higher, you do not need this update.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- This update requires a 32GB (or less) USB storage device that meets the following requirements:
- High Speed USB certified
- 10MB or more available space
- Formatted using the FAT32 or FAT16 file system.
- The XAV-AX5000 does not support USB storage devices formatted using the exFAT file system
- The XAV-AX5000 does not support USB storage devices over 32GB
- To prevent the battery voltage from becoming too low during the update process, we recommend you perform this update with the engine running. Be sure to park the vehicle in a safe place and keep the engine running until the update is complete.
- This update takes about 5 minutes to complete.
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the unit until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the receiver to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- You will need to reset the date and time after the update is complete.
Download & Install
Download and Transfer the Update to Your USB Storage Device
- Download the XAV-AX5000_v101.zip file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Extract the update file from the XAV-AX5000_v101.zip file:
- For Microsoft® Windows operating systems: Go to the directory where the file was downloaded, right-click the XAV-AX5000_v101.zip file, click Extract All, and at the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders window, click Extract. A folder named XAV-AX5000_v101 will be created.
- For Apple® Mac OS X® operating systems: Go to the location where you saved the downloaded file and double-click the XAV-AX5000_v101.zip file. A folder named XAV-AX5000_v101 will be created.
- Verify that the three file names in the XAV-AX5000_v101 folder are SO1013.FIR, MC1013.U88, and DS1013.up6. IMPORTANT: Do not modify these file names.
- Connect the USB storage device to your computer and transfer the update file to the USB storage device.
- For Microsoft® Windows® operating systems: Go to the directory where the XAV-AX5000_v101 folder was created, right-click the SO1013.FIR, MC1013.U88, and DS1013.up6 files and, from the menu, click Send To..., and then click the drive (for example: Removable Disk E:) for your USB storage device.
- For Apple® Mac OS X® operating systems: Go to the directory where the XAV-AX5000_v101 folder was created, and drag and drop the SO1013.FIR, MC1013.U88, and DS1013.up6 files to the root folder of the USB storage device.
- Remove the USB storage device from your computer.
Update the Firmware
- Connect the USB storage device to the USB1 port of the receiver. Note: Make sure no other USB memory device is connected to the receiver, and that you are using the USB1 port.
- On the receiver, press the HOME button, select Settings, and then select General.
- At the General screen, select Firmware Version.
- At the Firmware Version screen, select Update.
- Select Update again, the update will begin and the system will automatically restart several times during the update process. This is normal. WARNING! Do not remove the USB storage device or shutdown the system before prompted to do so.
- When the message Please disconnect the USB device from USB1 port and connect it to USB2 port is displayed, remove the USB storage device from USB1 port and reconnect it to the USB2 port of the receiver.
- The update will continue automatically and should take about 3 minutes to finish. WARNING! Again, do not remove the USB storage device or shutdown the system before prompted to do so.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
- If the version number is 1.01, the firmware update was successful and you can remove the USB device.
- If the version number isn't 1.01, the update failed. Erase the XAV-AX5000_v101 folder from the USB storage device (or use a different USB storage device), then repeat the entire download and update process from the beginning.
Questions & Answers
The Update button is grayed out:
Check that the folder named XAV-AX5000_v101 is in the root of the USB storage device and that it contains the files SO1013.FIR, MC1013.U88, and DS1013.up6.
The message This data is not compatible is displayed:
The USB storage device may be defective or does not contain correct the update files. Erase the XAV-AX5000_v101 folder from the USB storage device, or use a different USB storage device, and then repeat the entire download and update process from the beginning.