IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Under certain conditions, the Touch Tracking function will be grayed out in the Setting menu and not available to use. Here are the setting conditions in which the Touch Tracking function will be unavailable:
- Touching the panel activates Spot Focus:
- File Format is set to XAVC S 4K, and Proxy Recording is set to On in the movie mode
- 4K Output Select is set to Memory Card+HDMI in the movie mode while outputting images via HDMI
- SteadyShot is set to Intelligent Active in the movie mode (Intelligent Active not available on all models)
- Record Setting is set to 120p/100p in the movie mode
- Touching the panel activates Touch Focus:
- Scene Selection is Hand-held Twilight or Anti Motion Blur (Anti Motion Blur not available on all models).
- Subject Detection under Face/Eye AF Set. is set to Animal (except ILCE-9, ILCE-9M2, ILCE-7SM3, and ILCE-7C).
- Focus Mode is set to DMF (only for Cyber-shot).
- Touch operation is unavailable:
- Shooting mode is set to Sweep Panorama (not available on all models)
- Focus Mode is set to Manual Focus
- Using the Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom, and Digital Zoom functions
- Using Smart Telecon (not available on all models)