This information is for the following models:
Note: The RSX-GS9 model supports Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 only.
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
The Hi-Res Audio Player is software that allows you to easily enjoy high-quality sound files. The software includes the following features:
- Easily Play high-res audio: When connected to a USB DAC device you can easily play hi-res audio, such as DSD files purchased from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function: You can create, save, and edit a playlist so you can play your favorite tunes the way you want.
- Play high-quality sound and more: Through the software settings you can play tunes with higher audio quality.
- Version 1.2.7
- 9.40MB (9 861 952 bytes)
Hi-Res Audio Player can be used in the following system environment:
- Operating System:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Processor 1.6GHz or higher
- RAM: 1GB or higher
- Screen resolution:1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- One of the listed operating systems should be installed by default. Upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments are not supported.
- We cannot guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet all system requirements. Additionally, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Click the Download button.
- At the download notification screen, click Save.
- The Save as screen is shown to specify the destination. It is recommended that you select Desktop as the destination so that you can easily find the saved file.
- When the Download was completed screen is shown, click Close.
- Double-click the Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.7.exe file you just saved, and the file will be extracted.
- If a User Account Control screen is shown, click Yes or Continue.
- At the Select the language for this installation screen, select the desired language, then click Next.
- Click Next to start the installation wizard.
- At the License Agreement screen, after you confirm the text of the agreement, click I accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next to start the installation.
- The installation starts and will display the progress until it is finished.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish to exit the installer.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
Click Start and select All Programs → SONY → Hi-Res Audio Player → Hi-Res Audio Player
Questions & Answers
- Cannot install Hi-Res Audio Player.
- Make sure that the Hi-Res Audio Player software is compatible with your operating system and only install the software on a computer with a compatible operating system installed.
- Make sure that there is enough free space on the hard disk drive of your computer. If not, delete any unnecessary files from your computer.
- The Hi-Res Audio Player software does not start or the window is not displayed correctly.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Start other software to check if your computer is functioning normally.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Restart your computer.
- The Hi-Res Audio Player software may not be installed correctly. Uninstall the software and then install it again.
Uninstalling Hi-Res Audio Player
- To uninstall the application, use Programs and Features (for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10) in the Control Panel.
- Select Hi-Res Audio Player from the list and click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen to uninstall the software.