IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs the Hi-Res Audio Player for PC software version 1.2.5 to add support for additional models. The Hi-Res Audio Player is a music playback application used to enjoy the playback of high-quality sound and includes the following features:
- Play high-res sound with a simple operation: Connect your computer to the USB DAC device and with just a simple setting you can play your hi-res audio files, such as Direct-Stream Digital (DSD) files from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function: Create, save, and edit a playlist, and play your favorite tunes in any order.
- Play sets of high-quality sound and more: Stable playback of high-quality music files on your computer with low CPU usage.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 5.95 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the installation instructions carefully.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- This software requires a computer meeting the following system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2) or later
- CPU: Intel® Core 2 Processor 1.6 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB or more
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
- Note: This software is not guaranteed to work for all computers even if they meet the above system requirements. Furthermore, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- This software is for Microsoft® Windows® systems only. For Apple® Macintosh® systems, please use the Hi-Res Audio Player for Mac software.
- To use this software with the Portable Headphone Amplifier (PHA-1A) you will also need to install the Portable Headphone Amplifier Driver.
- To use this software with the USB DAC Amplifier (UDA-1) you will also need to install the UDA-1 USB DAC Amplifier Driver.
- To use this software with the MAP-S1,CAS-1, SRS-X9/SRS-X88/X99, SRS-HG1 (h.ear go), CMT-SX7/SX7B, or RSX-GS9 models you will also need to install the USB Audio Driver.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the installation.
Download & Install
- Download the Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.5.exe file to a temporary or download directory, and make note of this directory for reference.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.5.exe file. Note: If the User Account Control screen appears, click Yes or Continue.
- At the Hi-Res Audio Player - InstallShield Wizard screen, select the language for the installation, and then click OK.
- At the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Hi-Res Audio Player screen, click Next.
- At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, select I accept the terms of the license agreement, and then click Next to continue.
- At the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- The Installing Hi-Res Audio Player screen displays the installation progress.
- At the InstallShield Wizard Complete screen, click Finish.
The Hi-Res Audio Player software installation is complete.