IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This issue may occur if the disc is damaged or was inserted into the Blu-ray Disc™ player incorrectly. Follow these instructions to open the disc tray:
- If TLK ON or LOCKED appears on the front panel of the disc player, unlock the device to resolve the issue.
- The disc tray won't open when an internet streaming service (such as a Netflix® video) is playing. To open the disc tray, exit the app or go to the HOME screen.
Steps to open the disc tray
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug the power cord or AC adapter.
- Leave the device unplugged for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE button on the front panel of the disc player, and plug the power cord back in.
- This step may require the assistance of a second person.
- Check the product manual for the exact location of the button.
- After the tray opens, release the OPEN/CLOSE button.
- Remove the disc.
- After the disc is removed, unplug the power cord or AC adapter and then plug it back in to recover the player.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required. Go to Product Repair.