How to determine if the Blu-ray Disc player is recognizing a USB keyboard.
Follow these steps after connecting a wired USB keyboard to the USB input on the Blu-ray Disc® player as a test to see if the keyboard is recognized:
- Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Setup.
- Choose Network settings.
- Choose Internet settings.
- Choose Wireless setup.
- Select the correct wireless access point/router to connect.
- Choose to enter the wireless (WPA or WEP) key.
- Attempt to enter the wireless key characters with the USB keyboard.
- If the characters entered on the keyboard appear on the screen, the keyboard in being recognized. Press the HOME button to exit the Wireless setup mode without making changes and return to using the Blu-ray Disc player.
NOTE: The USB keyboard may not be active when using certain Internet apps or certain features of the player.
If the keyboard is not recognized after following the steps above, it may be due to the following:
- A wireless keyboard is being used. In this case, please use a wired USB keyboard.
- The USB keyboard being used is not a standard 101 keyboard. 101 keyboards are available through your local retailer, online or at through the Sony® Store website.
Please contact a local or online authorized retailer to purchase a Sony product.
For customers in Canada: https://dealerlocator.sony.ca/locator/init.do