IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
For 2016 Blu-ray Disc players Follow these steps to lock on unlock the player.
- Using the supplied remote control, press and hold the STOP, HOME and TOP MENU buttons.
- When LOCKED or UNLOCKED appears on the display of the Blu-ray Disc player, release the buttons.
NOTE: If the you are unable to unlock the Blu-ray Disc player by following the steps above, make sure that the Blu-ray Disc player has the latest software update. Updates are available from the menu of the player or from this website. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
For Blu-ray Disc players manufactured prior to 2016, follow these steps to lock the disc tray using the Child Lock function and prevent it from opening:
- Turn on the Blu-ray Disc® player.
- Press and hold the PAUSE or the STOP button on the Blu-ray Disc player for approximately 10 seconds until LOCKED is displayed on the front panel display.
NOTE: Depending on the model, you will have to press either the PAUSE button or the STOP button. If pressing and holding the PAUSE button does not work, try pressing and holding the STOP button.
Follow these steps to unlock the disc tray:
- Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Press and hold the PAUSE or the STOP button until UNLOCKED appears on the front panel display.