IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
WARNING! While the update is in progress, don't turn the Blu-ray Disc™ player off or disconnect it from the power. Wait for the software update to complete before operating the Blu-ray Disc player or TV.
- It is necessary to have your Blu-ray Disc player correctly connected to a high-speed internet connection (using an Ethernet cable or wireless router).
- Connect the Blu-ray Disc player directly to a compatible TV to use the on-screen menu.
- Use the arrows keys on your remote control to navigate the menu.
How to install and perform a Software Update
- On your remote control, press the HOME button.
- Use the arrow keys on your remote control to select Setup.
- Select Network Update.
- An information box will appear on the TV screen showing the latest version of the firmware.
- Select OK.
- During the software update, UPDATE or UPDATING appears on the front panel display of the Blu-ray Disc player.
- After the update is complete, the Blu-ray Disc player automatically turns off. Press the Power button to turn on the unit.
Note: On some Blu-ray Disc players, COMPLETE or FINISH appears for five seconds on the front panel display when the update is complete.